There’s no greater feeling than freshly exfoliated skin; smooth, soft and super rejuvenated. If you aren’t exfoliating with our Super Acai Exfoliator yet, here’s why you need to start!
Why is exfoliating important for your skin?
Every day our skin is exposed to toxins….everything from dirt and debris to pollution in the air and our skin is constantly absorbing and protecting us from these nasties.
When we exfoliate, however, we buff away this top layer of our skin. Not only does this feel amazing, but it revitalises the skin by getting rid of the dry, dead cells that build up over time. Why is this so important you ask? Well as we age (just one of the many fun things that happens…) our natural skin cell regeneration really starts to slow down, so exfoliating will help to improve skin cell turnover so we can maintain a youthful complexion. And who doesn’t want to look younger!
What are the benefits of exfoliating?
- Improved collagen production for more youthful, glowing skin!
- Helps your skin absorb your skincare products by removing the outer layer of dead cells.
- Unclogs the pores and removes dirt, oil and toxins that may build up over time and cause breakouts.
- Improves the texture of your skin by getting rid of dead skin cells to reveal softer, smoother skin underneath.
How does exfoliation fit into my skincare routine?
As a general rule, it’s great to exfoliate your skin 2-3 times per week as part of your wider skincare routine. On days when you exfoliate, you just need to cleanse your skin first with the deliciously zesty Super Citrus Cleanser before buffing off any dirt and build up using the Super Acai Exfoliator. Once you’re done exfoliating, you can continue with your skincare routine as usual. It’s easy as that and trust us, you’re going to love the feeling when your hydrator or oil glides on!
Help! I’ve over-exfoliated – what should I do now?
Yes, exfoliating feels bloody amazing, but if you overdo it, you can risk damaging your skin. Over-exfoliating can strip your skin’s natural oils and doesn’t give the top layer of your skin enough time to replenish and heal. This can then lead to irritation, redness, breakouts and dryness.
If you find yourself in this situation, however, all is not lost….there is a solution! There are a few things you can do to nurse your skin back to health:
- Temporarily stop exfoliating so that the top layer of your skin can start to rejuvenate and heal.
- Treat your skin with our organic Glory Oil 2-3 times per week to help nourish and heal your complexion….in fact if you don’t already you should be doing this anyway!
- Avoid any products with harsh chemicals or synthetic ingredients, as these run the risk of irritating your skin further.
- Apply sunscreen every day before leaving the house to ensure your skin doesn’t get further damaged by the sun! Our Face Sunscreen SPF 30 is the perfect option, as it’s formulated for sensitive skin and deeply hydrates the complexion using only natural ingredients.